This IPR and Licensing module has been developed by the Strategic Content Alliance for staff working in public sector bodies to introduce to them the concepts of copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights and how they might deal with the rights and licensing issues associated with the curation and creation of digital content.
The module has been divided into 6 learning objects divided into key themes:
1) Introduction to IPR and Licensing
2) Creative Commons Licences
3) Orphan Works and Risk Management
4) Digital Economy Act
5) Accessing and Using Third Party Content
6) Protecting and Managing Rights